pear greens smoothie


Santa {aka my mom} brought us a fancy blender for Christmas, and it is quickly becoming my favorite kitchen item. After all of the sweets I consumed over the holidays, I've been trying to work more greens juices and smoothies into my diet to detox a bit. This pear, spinach, and ginger smoothie is sweet enough to satisfy my (often insatiable) sweet tooth, and definitely a touch healthier than my favorite treat of Justin's Chocolate Almond Butter (which I try to refrain from buying because I will literally eat the entire jar in under a week, no joke).

Ingredients
1 cup water
2 pears, cored and cut into 1 inch cubes
1/2 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
3 cups spinach
2 cups ice

Place all ingredients into the blender in the above order, then blend until smooth. This makes more than enough for two.


No comments:

Post a Comment