anti-inflammatory citrus juice


When I was 10, I slipped a vertebrae in my back. Ever since, I've struggled with back pain practically every day. I avoid taking any medication as much as possible, and try to find natural remedies to alleviate the pain (krill oil, herbal remedies, etc.). Pineapple cores are anti-inflammatory, so lately I've been incorporating them into juices.

Bromelain, considered to be as effective as some non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, is contained in the pineapple core. Since the core doesn't taste nearly as good as the fruit, juicing it is a great way to get the benefits of bromelain. I also added ginger, which helps with muscle pain. Since Gasparilla is this weekend, I figured a few lemons for their detoxifying effects couldn't hurt either.


Peel the lemons and oranges, and then juice all ingredients. This recipe makes 20 oz. Be sure to use organic fruit, and either drink immediately or within 24 hours. Have a great weekend and Happy Gasparilla!



No comments:

Post a Comment