one-pan meals: sage turkey with spinach and mushrooms


Confession: sometimes, I really hate cooking. I am not one of those cooks who cleans up as she goes, so the more involved the dish, the crazier my little kitchen gets {luckily, we have an amazing unwritten policy in our house that whoever cooks does not have to clean}. On days when I've had a crazy, stressful day at work, but still want to eat organic, healthy, whole foods, I tend to make these one-pan meals.


They're actually my husband's favorite {probably because there are about 3 items to clean: the wooden spoon, the pan, and the knife}. The last time I shared one of these oh-so-easy meals, I paired it with cauliflower mash. This time, I skipped the sides, and it was more than enough for the two of us.


Ingredients:

3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 large white onion
1 container baby bellas
1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 teaspoon ground Albanian rubbed sage (or sage of your choice)
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon rosemary
3-4 cups of raw spinach
salt and pepper to taste

Heat olive oil over medium in a large saute pan, then add the onion and cook until slightly browned (about 10 minutes). Add the mushrooms and cook until tender. Then add the turkey, sage, thyme and rosemary. After the turkey has cooked through (usually about 8 minutes), add the spinach and cook until slightly wilted. Salt and pepper to your preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment