spicy roasted beets


With the holidays approaching, I've been trying to figure out what I'll make for various celebrations with family, friends, and at work. This beet recipe is so simple, and the taste is a bit unexpected. If you're mom (like mine) hates beets (because she was forced to consume the scary canned version as a child), you may be able to convert her with this dish.


I made this just for my husband and I, so I'd highly recommend buying a few more beets and doubling or tripling the recipe. 

Ingredients:

1/4 t cinnamon
1/2 t paprika
1/2 t garlic powder 
Cayenne pepper - just a pinch
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large beet cut into inch size pieces

Preheat the oven to 400. Mix together all of the spices and olive oil in a small bowl. Add in the beets and mix until covered with the spice mixture. Spread beets in a casserole dish and cook for 45 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment