beef, spinach and mushroom crust-free quiche


Brunch is one of my favorite weekend past-times. I love brunching out, lingering over mimosas and chatting about everything and nothing until well past the noon hour. On the other hand, I also love waking up, lounging around with a latte, and then leisurely making a bite to eat {mimosas are still included}. Frittatas are one of my favorite dishes, in part because you can basically throw in whatever ingredients you have on hand.

I set out to make a frittata on Sunday, but then I had too many ingredients to fit in my le creuset and had to convert this dish to a crust-free quiche.

Ingredients:

3/4 lb of grass fed beef {or 1 lb; I bought the last of the meat at the market and they only had 3/4 lb}
2 heaping handfuls of spinach
1 8oz container of baby portabello mushrooms, sliced (keep the caps, and finely dice)
1/4 of a large onion, diced (half of a small)
10 free range eggs
1 tablespoon coconut milk (full-fat)
1 tablespoon almond flour
1 tablespoon curry
1/2 teaspoon paprika (plus an extra pinch)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt, separated
cayenne pepper (a pinch or two)
1 tablespoon of coconut oil (for cooking)





Method:

Preheat oven to 350.

Heat coconut oil over medium, saute onions and mushrooms until soft {about 10-15 minutes}. Add in meat, curry, paprika, garlic powder, and salt, mix together and cook until the meat is browned.

Meanwhile, whisk 10 eggs in a large bowl with coconut milk and almond flour, then whisk in a pinch of paprika, cayenne pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt.

After the meat has browned, add spinach and cook until slightly wilted (another 3-5 minutes). I poured the entire meat mixture {juice and all} into a lightly oiled quiche dish {I used spray coconut oil}, then covered it with the whisked eggs. Bake for 30-35 minutes, rotating the dish after about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment