truffle risotto with baby bellas


I have an undeniable weakness for risotto... if it's on the menu, I tend to order it. Then I get a stomach ache and complain about my inability to resist the creamy concoction. Last night I created my own grain/dairy free version so I could satisfy my taste buds without the torture.
This may be my new favorite side dish. It's a little involved to make every night, but I would if I had the time because I'm one of those people who would eat the same meal every day.

Ingredients:

1 head of cauliflower
8 oz. portabello mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons Kerrygold butter (or ghee)
1/4 cup coconut milk (full fat)
1 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon truffle oil
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400. Cut the cauliflower into florets, and steam for about 10 minutes (until fork tender). Place the mushrooms and butter in a baking dish, and bake for 10 minutes (stir after 3 minutes when the butter has melted). In a large mixing bowl, add the coconut milk to the cauliflower and use a hand mixer to "rice" the cauliflower (this also can be done in a food processor - mine tends to make it too much like couscous). Heat 1 cup of chicken stock in a large skillet, then add the riced cauliflower. Cook on medium low until the liquid cooks off (about 3-5 minutes), then add the mushrooms and truffle oil. Cook another 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment