book club // one




Have you read The Girl on the Train yet? I started it on Monday and finished it by Wednesday... all during the dreaded 11pm pump sesh. It was so good I was practically looking forward to that 45 minute window. There were a few moments I thought the girl had pulled a 'Gone Girl' stunt and wondered how an identical book was published, but as it turned out, I was way off.

As I read it, I felt myself cringing for Rachel, and wondering how one resurfaces after sinking to the depths she finds herself for a good majority of the book. I even talked to my colleagues about her disturbed nature and despicable behavior. Then as the book wears on, you realize her too-crazy-for-comfort behavior may actually lead her to solve a mystery she really should have never been involved with in the first place, despite how close to home it hits. Although the reader knows before Rachel, I almost want to read it again, to see if there are clues that may have lead me to the outcome earlier had I realized they were staring at me the first time around. When I'm reading a thriller, I find myself constantly trying to solve the mystery, basically from page two.

If you're looking for a good read this weekend, follow everyone else's lead and grab The Girl on the Train. I haven't been reading much lately, but this one sparked my interest and now I'm getting back into it. I figure it's much better for my brain than scrolling through Instagram right before bed. If you've already read this one, here are twelve more suggestions. I'm going in a different direction, and plan to read Fly Boys next.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment