paleo meatloaf

Paleo meatloaf is one of my favorite dishes to make.  It has two of the qualities I look for in a meal: easy and delicious :) Added bonus: since it's just the two of us, there is usually some leftover for lunch the next day. 

We finally found some organic sweet peppers (in our Fruit of the Vine basket this week), which I've been snacking on since Monday. I diced these up for the recipe instead of using one regular sized red pepper. This was a tad bit time-consuming in comparison to dicing up one pepper, but the hubs assured me that the bites with peppers in them were the best bites. He loves me.


First, preheat the oven to 375.  

Ingredients

1 lb grass fed ground beef
1 red pepper
1/2 white onion (or an entire small white onion, mine was huge)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1/3 cup strained tomatoes
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 cup almond flour
1 egg

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. 


For the tomato paste and strained tomatoes, be sure to check the ingredients and get the ones that only contain tomatoes {this is more difficult than one might think; I love Pomi}.


Spread into a 9x13 dish, and sprinkle some almond flour over the top. 


Bake for an hour. If we're not running super behind {which basically never happens}, I let it sit in the oven for another hour. Tonight the timer went off around 10:20 {where does the day go?!?}, so we dug in immediately. 

It was a good batch. Happy pre-Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment