fitlife foods

Last week, I heard a strange crash right as I was about to fall asleep. I waited for about five minutes for the burglar to come upstairs... hearing nothing, I fell asleep {our bulldog is deaf, providing none of the usual comforts of having a dog in the house}. Turns out, there was no burglar, but this happened:


Needless to say, this type of event makes cooking even more cumbersome. I would say "you don't know what you've got til it's gone," but I really appreciated the sink. Very much. It's just over one week later, and we're still in the reparation process. We are happy that we're renters and not homeowners right now, because although we're dealing with the annoyance of not having a sink, we're not footing the bill. Suffice it to say, we've eaten out a lot since last Tuesday. 

We eat at Daily Eats a bit more often than I'd really like to admit {I'm one of those people who finds something she likes and returns, often}, so last night I thought I'd switch it up and try something new. I basically stumbled upon FitLife Foods via Instagram, and, after perusing their menu and concept, thought it might be worth a try. It has online ordering and is located pretty close to our house; it couldn't possibly be more convenient {actually, doorstep delivery would be nice, but I'll take what I can get}. The staff was super friendly, in that infectious kind of way, which is always refreshing after a fairly long Monday.

Apparently I'm not as awesome at multitasking as I thought, because I ordered the shrimp dish with rice {the "Firecracker Shrimp"} instead of sweet potatoes and swiss chard. I realized this after I got home, but I still checked my online order because I was convinced someone else had messed up {wrong}. Since rice is certainly not paleo {and this was not even jasmine rice, which I will happily break paleo for}, I kept reminding myself that millions of people eat rice every day and are perfectly healthy. I made some broccolini since my "medium" size meal had about 4 green beans, despite the fact the whole reason I went to FitLife was to avoid dirtying any dishes that we'd have to clean in the bathroom. 

Now that I've rambled for far too long, I must say, as far as "fast food" goes, it was good. I ordered a medium for myself and a large for my husband, but we probably would not have had enough if I hadn't made the broccolini, mainly because I didn't want to eat all of the rice {I did anyway}. The shrimp had great flavor and was cooked quite well. I also picked up breakfasts for us both, called The Marathon Morning: egg whites, kale, bacon, and sausage {it was a bit difficult to find one that didn't contain cheese}. Mine was pretty good {I am not a fan of sausage, but I ate it}. I had a small this time, and it was definitely enough. Despite my disdain for microwaving foods, I think we'll go back when we're having busy weeks. I'm even tempted to go back tonight, just so I can order the right dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment