creamy curry chicken vegetable soup

I've been feeling a bit eh since Thursday, and all I've been craving is soup. Since I have a serious Thai obsession, I decided to recreate my own version of chicken panang. This slow cooker meal is so easy, filling, and delicious.

Really, you can throw any vegetables you prefer in at the end. I listed the ones I grabbed across the street at Village Health Market.


Main Ingredients
1 can coconut milk
1/2 cup strained tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 white onion, chopped
2 chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry

Vegetables
2 small zucchini squash (or 1 large) sliced
3-4 carrots, sliced
1 bunch of asparagus tips
1 head of broccoli florets

Mix together all of the main ingredients except the chicken until thoroughly combined. Place chicken in slow cooker, pour sauce over and cook on low for 8 hours. In the last thirty minutes, add in the vegetables.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment