an easy thanksgiving appetizer


If you're cooking the meal this year, I find that having appetizers (and booze) on hand actually keeps you a bit happier, since you're not stressing about people getting hangry if your meal takes longer than planned {or if something goes wrong}. Rather than the standard cheese and crackers, these bite-sized meatballs are a delicious, healthy alternative.



Without any hesitation, I can tell you Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. When I was younger, I insisted we wait until after Thanksgiving to put up any decorations for Christmas. It's still crazy to me to see Christmas decorations up in the stores before Halloween. I refuse to skip over this feast of holidays, and have continued the tradition of waiting until December to decorate for Christmas - we're a one holiday at a time household. It seems as we get older the holidays get more stressful. We're trying to figure out who is coming (if you're hosting); where we are going, i.e., whose family will we spend it with; or will we try to see both families in one day (tried that last year, I think I had a meltdown...). With all of the stress that can go into one day, maybe the cooking should be the relaxing, or maybe even fun, part (I also recommend wine while cooking).

Ingredients

1 pound of ground chicken
1/4 cup onions, finely diced
1/4 cup spinach, cut into small pieces
1 egg white
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3 slices of crispy bacon, crumbled
1/4 cup almond flour

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Roll into 1-inch size meatballs and spread onto baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the meatballs over. Bake another 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment